Tusome

31 October 2013

My Lover's Blood


They have been mapping your body, my love
Seeking to poison your blood or clotten it, or blacken it
Now you have been raped, your breasts pinched
Your blood spilled at the West
Flowing across Kimathi’s feet, we are one
I have spilled mine, too
Uhuru Park shall guarantee your freedom
Relax at the bed my sweet red tomato
Let my words caress your ears, your lips kiss me back
Let me refill your veins, blood return to its source
You will never leave me, neither me I swear
Miracles your blood has worked
No more bloodshed, the evil hoods shall remain defeated
No longer can they hold their guns
Or detonate their explosives
For they cannot stop your blood’s flow
Your vessels shall remain intact
Forever and ever
Time no man knows, can’t live to see

Created and given the breath of life by Peter Ngila, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment